- We believe that Christian education is a vital part of PeaceLutheran Church’s grateful response to the gift and command of our Lord as seen in the Cross and Great Commission.
- We believe that Christian education is qualitatively unique, for it relates the transforming power of God to every aspect of life.
- We believe that Christian education is concerned with the development of the whole child in his/her emotional, physical, intellectual, social, and spiritual life.
- We believe that Christian education centers around the Word of God and focuses on the unique role this Word plays in the relationship of man to God and of man to himself and others.
- We believe that Christian education takes place in an atmosphere where parents, teachers and students relate to each other in forgiveness and love.
- We believe that the Christian school provides the best settings where the child is educated in the depth and breadth needful for the preparation of God’s children for discipleship in today’s world.
- We believe that we are a Christian preschool called to welcome young people and their families of all races and religions into a loving, learning environment: equip them for a healthy life and send them into their homes, school, and communities.
5 Areas of Growth
We celebrate each child as a gift from God. Our curriculum seeks to incorporate Christian values through teachable moments, Bible stories and songs.
We encourage children to work together and show respect for one another in social and play situations. Our focus is to encourage a positive self-image while building the skills of independence.
Preschool children are constantly exploring their emotions and ways in which to channel their thoughts and feelings. We strive to provide the tools children need to gain emotional growth while working and playing together in group situations.
Children are given the opportunity to grow and develop physically in the areas of fine and large motor skills. We build on the natural abilities of each child while offering challenges and opportunities for success.
Teachers carefully plan and develop curriculum based on the emerging needs and interest of their class. Daily plans focus on providing opportunities for children to explore and learn basic skills such as problem solving, classification and recognition, the essential framework for future successes in reading, writing, math, science, art, music and social studies.